This is foot he came to visit me 3 weeks ago.



Sometimes he is a bit tiresome as he doesn’t want to do everything I want to do, a bit of a winger really especially here as he couldn’t get wet and everyone was swimming.



The first week or so he rested in the cabin, the view from the window kept him amused for a while seeing the passing parade and doing sudoku.



After a while he started to winge as he wanted to get out and about. Fortunately when we visited the hospital again he got a new flexi fibre strapping which could get wet, now things were starting to smell better as well.

He also got a little backpack so we could go walking.

Now nothing could stop him. Wally walkingstick came along on the walk to try it out.

On the way to Den Bosch we stopped along the Maas to go swimming. First I dipped my toes in.


and next thing she tried to drown me, I am some where under there. After a while we had a nice swim.

I survived and had a nice time in Heusden laying back enjoying the view looking at windmills and little bridges.


We stayed in the visitors club moorings in Den Bosch and took the train to Nijmegen to see the second day of the 4 day march. This was my try out on the bicycle to see how I would go. Thank goodness it has an electric motor so all went well. At the end of the day I was glad to get back and rest.


We went back into Nijmegen for the last day of the 4 day Nijmegen March. People do a 30,40 or 50k each day for 4 days. I now have some new footwear, a size 9 sneaker and Kevins size 11. A bit more cushioning on the bottom has made all the difference even if I do look funny.

The treatment I have been receiving at the hospitals has been exceptional, we also smile at their very appropriate name ‘Zuikenhuis’. I have now been to three Zuikenhuis’
I am hoping to get around soon without Wally so I rest as much as I can and Kevin has been a very good nurse and tomorrow is another day.

No comments: